The natural beneficial properties of essential oils - Part 1
As I study more into this area, I am even more amazed at the restorative and regenerative properties of these pure essential oils. Here's some fact that I'd like to share with you:
1. On average, an essential oil contains 100 chemical components whilst some can go up to 300.
2. Although the main components are quite similar across all oils, each oil has a number of smaller trace compounds that even today cannot be identified.
3. It is these mysterious compounds that distinguish essential oils and gives them their complexity and unique properties.
4. Pure essential oils often have antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antineuralgic, antirheumatic, antispasmodic, antivenomous, antitoxic, antidepressant, sedative, nervine, expectorant, deodorant, restorative etc (much more!) properties.
5. In combining and blending essential oils, its not just the scent that matters, but what you benefits you want out of that blend.
6. Importantly, the benefits are for the mind(emotions, stress, anxiety, sleeplessness etc) and body (strains, sprains, skin conditions etc).
So remember, whether in body care, face care or home care products, its not just about the beautiful scents, but all the important benefits that these oils can bring to your health and wellness journey.
Pls follow me on my journey of discovery into these wonderful gifts of nature. Stay tuned for more as I will share what I've learnt.