Home fragrances and room sprays in aromatherapy are an easy and fuss-free way to make your room smell good and improve your mood.
What exactly is aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy employs aroma oils to stimulate your smell receptors and boost overall wellness. It gets its scents from natural sources including plants, petals, barks, leaves, and even roots, and the results vary depending on the source of the oils.
Lavender, for example, is used to relieve stress since it is believed to promote calm and relaxation. Lemon and peppermint, on the other hand, are known to have antiviral and antibacterial properties, therefore improving your immunity. These scents can be used in different forms - either through aromatherapy which is through inhalation (using various types of diffusers) or through topical application on the skin via massages, bath salts, or balms.
Using essential oils by inhalation — aromatherapy
Simply inhaling the scent of essential oils is the method that individuals utilize in the vast majority of cases. It's an easy and uncomplicated way for the oil to enter your system rapidly and start working nearly right away.
The olfactory system, the area of the brain associated with smell, is extended by the nerves that sense odours, which are located in the sinuses. The microparticles from an essential oil that are diffused as you inhale them, swiftly go to the area of your brain that regulates your emotions and behaviours.
Therefore, inhaling the scent of an essential oil is one of the most effective methods to get results, whether you're using it to relax and induce sleep or to refresh and invigorate your body and mind.
Benefits of essential oil room & linen sprays
Room and Linen sprays are the quickest way to refresh the space around you. Most effective in getting rid of unpleasant odours quickly. However, they don’t tend to last too long as the particles evaporate quickly into the air. To keep the space smelling great always, combine the use of room & linen sprays with other types of diffusers like Reed Diffusers, Waterless Diffusers or Heat Diffusers (which uses water as a medium to disperse the oil particles).
Some blends can be used to help with focus and alleviate tension
Consider using essential oils like peppermint or rosemary for mental concentration, eucalyptus or cardamom for vitality, and jasmine or bergamot for a mood boost if you'd want to relax and reduce your stress levels. These repetitions activate the scent receptors in your nostrils and communicate with your neurological system.
Some blends can help you sleep better
Some essential oils can improve sleep. Popular choices include jasmine, ylang-ylang, lavender, chamomile, bergamot, clary sage, frankincense, and sandalwood.
Some blends can help relieve joint and muscle pain
Our experts point out that chamomile, vetiver, peppermint, helichrysum, pine, and peppermint can all reduce pain and inflammation. Not to mention that they promote circulation and are able to improve conditions like hair loss. They help relieve stress, spasms, edema, and discomfort. They basically make you feel better overall.
How to Choose a Diffuser-Friendly Essential Oil
Choosing high quality, 100% pure essential oils is crucial for a safe and pleasant aromatherapy session.
When purchasing essential oils, it is good to conduct some research and look for oils that were made utilizing "clean" distillation techniques. These procedures eliminate the use of corrosive solvents like acetone, which are dangerous for inhalation.
“Clean" distillation techniques include:
Extraction by steam distillation
It's important to choose an essential oil with the label "for aromatherapy use only" when choosing one to put in your aromatherapy diffuser. In most cases, the container will state "for external use" or "for aromatherapy purposes," and you should never use it topically on your skin (unless diluted with other base or carrier oils).
Here are just a few of the numerous applications for aromatic usage of essential oils in Singapore.
7 ways to use essential oil room sprays
1) Room and Linen sprays are an excellent method to refresh an area or space. Use only pure essential oils, ideally therapeutic grade oils, in your room spray. Spritz the entire room with these therapeutic sprays. The essential oil spray will permeate the atmosphere with a lovely smell, which should make your room a delightful space to be in!
2) Spritz a little on your pillow or bedding for a restful night of sleep. Lavender, bergamot, ylang-ylang, cedarwood, and roman chamomile are the recommended essential oils for this.
3) Quite often the bathroom is a space that requires some air fresheners. Use citrusy oils like grapefruit, lemon, tangerine or mandarin. Citrus is invigorating and refreshing. These can be used in combination with herb-like oils like lemongrass, citronella and patchouli for a lovely blend.
4) Spritz some over your clothing to refresh yourself especially if you’ve just been exposed to food smells after visiting an air-conditioned food court which has an abundance of stale food smells.
5) Having brain fog? Try vetiver or cedarwood, both of which are known to help with mental clarity.
6) Is your washing machine stinking mildew? Utilize a few droplets in your washes or a few sprays in the washer's drums. For this, we like to use citrus or grapefruit.
7) Refresh your car/vehicle with a room spray; helps to get rid of lingering odours. Spritz your car with a fresh aroma of your preferred blend.
Shop for aromatherapy room sprays with The Scent Apothecary
Room sprays are excellent for refreshing a space quickly. Our homes will have some odours which could be generated from our daily activities like cooking and eating at home, especially with the air-conditioner switched on. The smells are trapped in the home when there is little or no outside air circulation. Using a room and linen spray will be effective in ridding the unwanted odours quickly. They are also compact and simple to use, making them an ideal addition to your daily life.
Keen to try one out for yourself? Shop from our collection of Aromatherapy Room Sprays, including Tranquility, Clarifying, and Focus.